The Foundation Stage Day
• Nursery sessions are:
8.50 to 11.50 & 12.30 to 15.30
• Reception day:
8.50 to 15.30
Drop off and Collection Routines in the Foundation Stage
• Children are supervised from 8.30 in the playground.
• Until they are settled, the nursery children may be brought straight into the classroom.
• Early Years parents are asked to drop children off at the gate and wait outside the Infant lobby to collect their children.
• The children are encouraged to greet the member of staff on gate duty.
• Small toys and books may be brought into school for the Nursery children. They can act as useful talking points and can be taken outside to be played with at lunchtime.
• From the outset children are encouraged to be as independent as possible (e.g. hanging up their coats, putting their lunch boxes and snacks away).
• We will only release children into the care of individuals named by a parent. Please speak to your class teacher, fill in the relevant form or telephone in advance to inform us of any changes to routine.